Youth & Ladies Weekend Round Up

96 HomeIn the South Liverpool & District JFL, the Under 11’s suffered a narrow 0-1 defeat at home to Chelwood.

Both the Under 15’s sides had a successful weekend. On Saturday, the lads took on Evolution in the St Helene & Rainhill JFL Challenge Cup semi final, and with both teams unbeaten so far this season, it was always going to be a tight contest and so it proved as the Reds edged the result 2-1 with the goals coming form Connor and Michael. Manager Joe Wright said, ‘our lads worked their socks off today to get to the final of the Challenge Cup. Well done lads.’

The Sunday Under 15’s were in league action in the Merseyside and Halewood JFL and they maintained their title push with a 3-0 win over Marshalls with the goals coming from Liam, Tom and Nial. The result keeps the lads in third place, four points off leaders Kirkby Woodpecker, with two games in hand.

In the Craven Minor JFL, the Under 16’s impressively maintained their spot at the top of the table with an 8-0 win against Birkdale.

The Saturday Under 21’s achieved just their second league win of the season with a 3-1 win against Crosby Harbour in the Southport & District League.

The Sunday Under 21’s also had a winning weekend in the Liverpool County Premier League Under 21 Division with a 3-2 win over St Margaret Old Boys. Archstanton supplies the report:
This morning’s game was played at LCFA HQ in Walton as an exchange between Hampshire FA, LCFA, and the Danish FA. A Danish referee took charge of the match.
AFC took the lead after five minutes with an Adam Jones penalty. The rest of the half was a tale of two penalties not given, one for each side and two yellow cards for AFC’s Craig Mannion as AFC were reduced to ten men after thirty five minutes.
However AFC were unaffected by this and two goals early in the second half stunned St Margarets. The first was a twenty five yard shot from Paul Rowan into the top corner and the second was a stooping header from Ryan Moran after a corner wa flicked to the far post by a St Margaret’s defender.
For the next fifteen minutes AFC created chances as St Margarets struggled to regain a foothold in the game. However they got a goal back on sixty five minutes and the contest became more even. AFC continued to create chances but St Margarets pulled another back with five minutes to go when a rebound from a shot that struck the bar was headed home.
AFC held out though and gained a deserved win.

AFC Liverpool Ladies returned to league action after their Challenge Cup final success last weekend but they couldn’t replicate the result as they lost 1-2 away ton Winsford United Ladies in the North West Women’s Regional League Division One South.

This entry was posted in Ladies News, Youth News. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.

Official AFC Liverpool Partners

Andrew Neary
Associated Wedding Cars
Hard Hat
Lions Home
Shankly Hotel
SRC Taxis
U26 Wear
Viva Waste
Liverpool Homeless